|How it looks when it arrives. I must say, I love the packaging!|
|Inside the box|
|The 3 full size products I received!|
|Gold Dust Eye Pencil|
|Swatches of all three products. Top-Gold Dust Middle-Peddle Bottom-Masquerade|
I am so in love with the Starbox! You get 3-4 amazing, full size products every month for only $15!
The products I received for October are all wonderful!
Gold Dust Eye Pencil- Very versatile color, goes on smooth, and lasts for hours
Peddle Pigment- A light lilac color, a little shimmer, so pretty
Masquerade Lipstick- Great red color, very buildable, stays put for hours
Taken from the website:
Want to order a past Starbox? Click Here
*Product was sent for review purposes
- All You Magazine
Find out why this powerhouse of a product is one of the most versatile and effective tools in your household arsenal
- Skip produce washes—just put some baking soda on a damp sponge, scrub and rinse.
- Soak hair brushes and combs in a mixture of 1 teaspoon baking soda and a small amount of warm water. Rinse and dry.
- Before you store your patio furniture for the season, scatter baking soda under chair cushions.
- Keep your grill clean all summer long by putting some baking soda on a damp brush, scrubbing the grate, then rinsing.
- Freshen rugs by sprinkling baking soda on carpet, wait at least 15 minutes (preferably let sit overnight), then vacuum up.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to your next load of laundry (along with your regular liquid detergent) to get clothes cleaner and brighter.
- Remove baked-on residue by shaking a generous amount of baking soda on pots and pans. Then add hot water and dish detergent, let sit for 15 minutes and wash as usual.
- Deodorize a funky-smelling hamper. Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the hamper (or over dirty clothes) to keep items fresher until laundry day.
- To brighten a dull floor finish, dissolve ½ cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water. Mop and rinse for a shiny floor.
- Make your own bathroom scrub by mixing ¼ cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent. Add vinegar to give it a thick, creamy texture.
- To put out a grease fire, scatter baking soda over it by the handful to extinguish flames.
- Clean the dishwasher and coffeemaker by running an empty cycle with baking soda.
- Add ½ cup baking soda to your bath for an at-home spa treatment.
- To shine tarnished silver, combine three parts baking soda with one part water. Rub onto silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Sprinkle baking soda in the kitty box, then add litter on top to keep smells to a minimum. Or make a DIY litter, mixing a small box of baking soda with 3 inches of sandy clay.
- Use baking soda to brush your pets’ teeth.
- For instant relief from bug bites, sunburn and poison ivy, mix baking soda with a little water and apply it directly to the sore.
- Pour in 1 cup baking soda followed by 1 cup hot vinegar to quickly unclog the kitchen drain.
- Fight dandruff by tabling the shampoo for a few weeks and massaging your wet scalp with a handful of baking soda instead.
- Gargle with baking soda, or use it as mouthwash.
- Soak toothbrushes in a mixture of ¼ cup baking soda and ¼ cup water; let brushes stand overnight for a thorough cleaning.
- Make a fluffier omelet by adding ½ teaspoon baking soda for every three eggs.
- Use a pinch in a gallon of freshly-brewed iced tea, to take out the bitterness and prevent cloudiness.
- Scatter baking soda on icy sidewalks―it’s not as corrosive as salt.
- Discourage weeds by sprinkling baking soda into the cracks on your driveway and walkways.
- Surround Fido’s food bowls with baking soda to keep pests away.
- Mix a little baking soda into your conditioner and lather on your hair to keep it healthy and resistant to split ends.
- Have heartburn? Create an antacid by mixing ½ teaspoon of baking soda with ½ cup of water.
- To clean a toilet, add ¼ cup baking soda to the bowl, swirl, then scrub.
- Exfoliate your skin with a paste of 3 parts baking soda to one part water. Apply gently with your fingertips in a circular motion, then rinse
- To deodorize a drain, pour about ½ cup baking soda down the drain, followed by ½ cup vinegar. After 15 minutes, pour in boiling water to clean residue. NOTE: Use this method only if your pipes are metal. And never mix with other cleaning solutions. Don't try this if you've recently used a commercial drain product.
First of all, let me say this, I am a total makeup junkie! So, when Smoky Mountain Minerals sent me some of their products to review, I was over the moon! I could not wait to play with everything!
Here is some information on Smoky Mountain Minerals:
They do not use Bismuth Oxycholoride in their products. This is the ingredient several national brands use that can cause itching and redness. And since they do not use bismuth oxychloride, you do not have to "buff" your minerals in like you would other brands. Just apply as you would a regular face powder. Superior coverage!
Their minerals give you a very natural look. They are weightless and glide on like silk while still giving excellent coverage.
Stays on all day and is water-resistant. Swim, perspire, watch a sad movie. Just blot wetness don't wipe.
Virtually no allergy risk because minerals are inorganic and contain no moisture.
*All information taken from the About Us section on their website.
I was sent:
*Be Flawless Veil
*Pink Radiance Veil
I have pretty light skin, so I went with the Light Foundation. I absolutely loved it! It went on so smooth and felt great on my skin. The coverage was good. It hid my blemishes without leaving me feeling like I had ten pounds of makeup on my face.
The Veils illuminated my skin better than any other product I have ever tried! I felt like my face was glowing all day, and I adored it. I also loved the subtlety of the Veils.
The Blushes were my absolute favorites out of everything I tried! The color payoff is amazing and my cheeks looked flawless! They went on effortlessly and the colors are just gorgeous!
I really hope everyone reading this review will head over to the Smoky Mountain Minerals website and check them out! The quality of the products is amazing and the prices are very affordable!
I would like to thank Smoky Mountain Minerals for allowing me to do this review. I have found a new favorite cosmetics company! :)
*I was not compensated for this review. Products were sent for review purposes.
My Sister-In-Law and I have started making hair bows and just started our own fan page on facebook.
If you like handmade bows go to http://on.fb.me/kuyfdk and "LIKE"
We just started so there aren't a whole lot of bows up yet but there will be!!!!
Today I have something really cute to share! An easy, fun, very affordable, Easter craft!
I have a 3 year old niece, Isabelle. She's very smart and creative. She was coming over on a Saturday, so I had to think of something fun for us to do!
Of course, I had to go to my favorite place, Dollar Tree! They have so many crafty things there!
The possibilities are endless! So, I picked up some Easter themed foam shapes. (bunnies, eggs, baby chicks, etc.) I also picked up Spring themed foam stickers. (flowers and butterflies)
Izzy loved it! We spent the afternoon decorating the foam shapes and we had so much fun. She enjoyed matching colors and shapes! (So in a way, this is also educational!)
I'll insert some pictures of the finished products! She did a great job! I'll also include some pictures of her Easter adventures from last year. I hope you enjoy! And Happy Easter!!!
Time: about 1 1/4 hours, plus time to make frosting.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- About 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- Peanut butter filling
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Fudge Frosting
- 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, quartered
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
Read more about her story, with updates on the Caring Bridge Site Page created just for Emily by Shannon.
Please lift up this family in your prayers.
We believe the family will also need all the financial support they can get. So to help out, Shannon's friends Karen from Mommy Times and Nancy from Arizona Mama have helped set up this ChipIn account for Emily.
(ChipIn is a Web-based service that simplifies the process of collecting money from groups of people. They make the process quick, easy, and secure, and provide organizers with numerous ways to get the word out about their ChipIn event.)
The last thing this family should worry about at this time is finances and I honestly believe if all my readers could chip in with a little we can help this family.
(No contribution is too little. Every dollar counts at a time like this)
You can click on the "ChipIn" button below to have your contribution pooled in out of your paypal account.
After a few 'minor' delays, our new look is here! We would love to know what you think about it and will reward one of you with a prize:
Your very own copy of 'The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight & Eating Great' by Pam Anderson! What a perfect time of year for this. How many people make a New Year's resolution to lose weight? I'd be willing to bet it's the leading resolution made each year. Well, this year, I want to help you be successful. I want you to keep your resolution and I'll make it easy for you with this book.
The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight & Eating Great is all about simplification in the kitchen and satisfaction at the table. You'll be lighter and you'll feel better, but you'll never feel you're on a diet.... Because you're NOT!
Pam will take you on her journey to lose weight. One that took her through all the diet plans that didn't work. Save yourself the trouble. Learn from her mistakes. See what works.
Pam is truly an inspiration to many who know about battling with their weight. It is my honor to give this to a reader. I hope it changes YOUR life.
I will be giving away (1) copy of this book to a winner that will be chosen by Random.org. Winner will be drawn from all valid entries. You must complete the mandatory entry to be eligible for additional entries. This giveaway will run until January 16th at 11:59 CST.
Good luck to you all.
You must be a public follower of Girls With Goodies.
(1) Leave a comment about our new design. Be honest. What do you think?
(2) Follow @TabithaMichelle on twitter.
(3) Follow @SereneMoments on twitter.
(4) Publicly follow one or all of our other blogs. (2 entries for each, listed on right)
(5) What is your weight loss goal?
Disclaimer: I was not given any products for this post. I purchased this book to give to my followers.
- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Additional confectioners' sugar and/or crushed vanilla wafers
DirectionsIn a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Combine the rum, honey and water; stir into crumb mixture.
Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar and/or wafer crumbs. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Our Other Goodies
The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep by Harvey Karp, M.D. - Finally, kids do come with instructions!Surprisingly simple steps to boost your little child's sleep fast!Dr. Harvey Karp made doctors applaud and par...
The Sad Truth About Kids and Cancer | Healthy Child Healthy World - The Sad Truth About Kids and CancerNecessary NewsMonday, September 19, 2011 ShareThis by Rachel Lincoln Sarnoff, Executive Director/CEO, Healthy Child Heal...